Continuing playing around with the VT420

I've got everything working pretty well, with only a few nagging problems. The biggest is the screen corrupting of vim when running through tmux. The problem is there with screen also. If I use vim outside of tmux or screen, it works fine. Inside...

Trying out my VT420

I picked up a couple of DEC VT420 terminals from a school auction about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I never did anything with them because I didn't have any way to hook them up. The VT420 terminal uses an MMJ connector, which kind of looks like...

Trying to get a BBS running

Over the last few days, I've attempted to get a BBS up and going on one of my 8-bits. The original plan was to find a BBS that would run under SDX. I have an older MyIDE+Flash cart with a 256MB IDE drive which isn't being used right now …

VBXE and Ultimate 1MB success!

After several hours of troubleshooting and beating on it, I'm proud to show off my successful installation of the VBXE along with an Ultimate 1M: It feels weird using the 800XL on an VGA LCD screen, almost like I'm in emulation. To convert the...

VBXE to GBS-8200 to VGA monitor is a success

After much troubleshooting, I now have VGA output from an 800XL! The VBXE plugs into the 5 pin connector on the GBS-8200, which then goes out as VGA. Unfortunately, the Apple monitor doesn't have a VGA plug, so I have an adapter to convert it....

Old fashioned fun

This past Friday, as a last day before break fun activity, I brought in an 800XL with some classic games. We ended up playing Castle Crisis for almost the entire time, all on a big 70" LCD TV. I was afraid the high school students would get bored...

The Gozar Retro Museum

There is an HTML5 authoring tool for OS X called Hype, which makes it pretty easy to create interactive websites. I've got a bunch of retro equipment, so I figured it would be cool to use Hype and create an online museum of my stuff. So I give you: The …

Learning cc65

Tonight I've taken my first plunge into finally learning cc65 and writing software for the A8. I'm attempting to convert my ten liner from the ABBUC 2014 contest over to c. Here's the first part, it redefine's the character set to be inverse:...